Critical decision tools and services provider for global investment community
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data, and technology, they power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. They create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Their senior leadership team is comprised of highly experienced executives from diverse backgrounds – including asset management, banking, brokerage, consulting, private equity, and technology. The team’s common purpose is to deliver real and sustainable value to their clients, their shareholders, and their firm.
Enabling their clients to make a better-informed investment decision is central to what they do. Their innovation engine aims to:
- Enhance their client offering to reflect evolving markets and the complex needs of the investment community
- Pioneer new research and models to better assess investment risk
- Help clients better assess the global opportunity set, including emerging markets, and public and private real estate
- Measure and model environmental, social, and governance and factor risk and performance
- Add value for their clients by delivering deep coverage and analytics of global data
- Data Explorer: Data Explorer is a gateway to MSCI’s data universe. Data Explorer empowers quant analysts and product managers to search and explore data faster and enables Chief Data Officers to make informed decisions. It allows institutional investment organizations to use MSCI data to power portfolio construction and analysis, investment strategies, and decision-making. Built on Microsoft Azure, Data Explorer is intuitive, fast, and easy to use, and offers a modern data-search experience.
- Developer Community: Developer Community is a searchable directory of MSCI’s APIs. It’s designed to power better investing by putting their APIs into the hands of developers, data scientists, and quantitative managers quickly to help speed their work, serve clients better, and go to market sooner.
- Climate Lab: MSCI Climate Lab Company is used by investment managers seeking to construct climate-aligned portfolios. The platform combines leading-edge climate data and analysis to provide a robust view of potential climate-related financial impacts and actionable insights across listed companies.
Investors use Climate Lab Company to:
- Visualize the forecast trajectory of companies’ emissions in the coming decades.
- Explore the depth of climate data and scenario analysis from MSCI ESG Research.
- Drill down into climate risks and opportunities by issuer, sector, or peer set.
- Identifying emissions leaders and laggards; exploring climate-related risks and opportunities by issuer, sector, or peer set to compare performance and progress.
- Explore transition and physical risks by the issuer, map exposure to physical risks for both current and projected scenarios.
They are an international company with a highly diverse global footprint. Their people are empowered to maximize their potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. This culture drives them to innovate and provide industry-leading solutions that power better investment decisions. Increasing their diversity expands their talent pool which helps accelerate innovation in all they do.
They are dedicated to hiring and promoting qualified candidates who have been historically underrepresented in their industry, including women, ethnic minorities, and those in the LGBT+ community.