Who is NetVirta?
A rising leader in the 3D body-scanning industry passionate about changing the future of fit.
NetVirta is a fast-growing, venture-backed, software start-up in the emerging field of 3D scanning, computer vision & graphics. Founded by two MIT graduates, and located in the heart of Boston, we offer a precision 3D body scanning mobile app and technology platform that enables brands to seamlessly offer their customer’s a personalized shopping experience, either through suggesting the best fitting apparel/footwear, or offering custom-fit products.
Imagine being able to scan your foot and knowing what shoe fits you best, or scan your body and order a custom fit suit/dress. We work with companies across a wide variety of industries and applications. NetVirta’s mission is to help brands and retailers usher in the next generation of customization and personalization during the buying experience.
We are expanding our team!! If you’re looking for an exciting career to develop game-changing 3D technologies to power the next-generation eCommerce platform.
Operating since 2013, NetVirta originally built its technology for the most discerning customers – doctors demanding medical-grade accuracy. Using our technology, clinicians all over the world scan their patients to inform the production of custom orthotics and prosthetics. This technology soon made its way into the sports equipment industry, allowing for the creation of custom-fit football helmets.
Recently, NetVirta has expanded their reach into markets in need of better sizing tools. With a 40+ person team, 90% of which are computer scientists and engineers, we continue to act as a leader in the 3D-body scanning industry and are passionate about innovating 3D scanning technology to eventually improve the overall customer buying experience.
NetVirta is headquartered in downtown Boston and Singapore.
1.2013: Founded by two MIT PHD/MS graduates, Jeff Chen and Andy Eow
2.2014: : Recieved FDA Class II Approval and entered the custom orthotics & prosthetics market
3.2020: Partnering with clothing & footwear brands to bring a better fit to their customers
4.2017: Partnered with Riddell to aid in the creation of custom football helmets
Partnering With Wearable Brands
Capture 3d Scans: Brands collect 3D scans of their customers using one of NetVirta’s various scanning apps, specific to their business
Create Size Recommendations: Based on collected customer data, size recommendations are created or measurements are used to inform a custom-fit offering
Collect Fit Preferences: Fit preference and body type questions are asked to help further inform our recommendation algorithm
Use 3D Body Data: Body data is used to better inform future sizing of products to fit a larger percentage of a brand’s customers
1. 3D Scanning APP: Accessible to anyone with a smartphone, users are walked through a self-scanning process to collect body data and ultimately receive best fitting sizes and styles for a specified brand.
2. eCommerce Plug-In: This light-weight widget seamlessly connects the Verifyt app with a brand’s eCommerce site and has a customizable interface per brand-specific requirements.
3. Customer Intelligence: : A web portal providing customer and scan databases, reporting, analytics, and more. Portal communicates directly with tools such as pattern making software, tech-packs, and manufacturers.
4. Recommendations:Using customers’ 3D body data and fit preferences as input, we are able to accurately recommend best sizes and suggest other styles. We work directly with brands to curate a recommendation engine specific to their products.
5. Custom-Fit: Companies who offer custom-fit leverage the Verify app to collect customer body data and measurements. Using an API, this data can be passed directly to tools such as pattern making software, tech-packs, and manufacturers.