Our Special Story was born from their desire for an inclusive society, where children with special needs, their families, and caregivers can lead fulfilling lives. Our Special Story is committed to nurturing children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and special needs towards functional independence by providing quality and individualized behavior intervention based on Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) principles. They provide 1-on-1 home-based therapy, social groups, school shadowing, and academic support.
Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) is a scientific approach to understanding behavior and learning. It involves the application of basic behavioral practices (e.g., positive reinforcement, prompting, and repetition) to facilitate the development of positive behaviors and skills, language, and social skills. Our Special Story conducts their ABA therapy sessions in a nurturing and naturalistic way. You can expect a lot of learning through play, as well as some structure put in place to help increase your child’s understanding and learning.
ABA therapy has been shown to significantly improve a child’s ability to learn and reduce everyday problem behaviors for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and special needs of all ages. ABA is a dynamic and flexible approach, which can be applied in one-on-one or group settings across various environments e.g., home, school, work, and in the community.
What do they promise?
- If the child can’t learn the way they teach, they teach the way they learn.
- Naturalistic, nurturing, and progressive ABA
- Achieve functional independence in your child’s best interests
- 1-on-1: Their 1-on-1 ABA program provides your child with individualized and intensive behavioral therapy in the comfort of your own home.
- School Readiness Program: Tackle delays early. Providing the support your child needs in a small group setting.
- Social Groups Program: Equip your child with skills that will help them succeed in school.
- School Shadowing: Develop the skills needed for interacting with others successfully
At Our Special Story, they believe every child’s potential is far beyond their imagination. Its mission is to help children with autism reach their highest potential. They are a team of dedicated behavior therapists who strive to walk every step of the way with their families and empower every child with the skills needed to achieve functional independence.
Their team at Our Special Story is here to help and journey with you every step of the way. They work closely with parents to support their child’s learning and development, and simply to be a listening ear. They focus on your child’s happiness and learning process; and aim to build the essential foundations your child needs to thrive and live functionally and independently.